Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
mpg shows 47 but doesnt change
Hello. Just bought berlingo multispace 1.6 90 xtr with 2011 northern ireland reg. Console digital display above CD player reads 47mpg. Just driven 150 miles round town and 150 miles on motorway. Still says 47mpg and am happy (as last car was Renault grand scenic which struggled to reach 29mpg). Is there some way I can reset the mpg reader,is it broken cause the manual is very vague...
Hello
Press the end of the indicator stalk which makes the mpg display show, hold the stalk in for a few seconds and this will reset it. Then press it again which shows the next setting and repeat.
--------------------------------------------------------------

2012 Iron Grey XTR 110 with lots of bits and bobs.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Trevor for this post:
  • David Barton Hall, philip
Trevor has you covered. If the 47 mpg is the average over many thousands of miles it would take a huge change to alter the value over a short time/miles driven period. I reset mine about every 5-6K km just to get a feel for what is currently happening. It starts higher and then eventually settles down to 5.8l/100km and stays there until the next reset.
2010 Berlingo Multispace HDi 110 with FAP.  Persamos green.

Thanks...
Most of my driving is urban. Took it for a run this weekend to get a better feel for how 'she' handles and its a thrill to drive especially on our coastal hills. What should I expect for urban mpg?
I do mostly city and country roads. Very little motorway and have been averaging 48.7. Zero your readings and see what it says after 1-2 K miles.
2010 Berlingo Multispace HDi 110 with FAP.  Persamos green.

(25-05-2014, 03:29 PM)Trevor Wrote:  Hello
Press the end of the indicator stalk which makes the mpg display show, hold the stalk in for a few seconds and this will reset it. Then press it again which shows the next setting and repeat.

Tried the indicator stalk (on the left hand side of steering wheel) no result. Noticed similar button on end of windscreen wiper stalk, pressed it and Hey Presto it worked from there. Does that mean I have a different model than yours?
(26-05-2014, 10:40 AM)curly_bap Wrote:  
(25-05-2014, 03:29 PM)Trevor Wrote:  Hello

Tried the indicator stalk (on the left hand side of steering wheel) no result. Noticed similar button on end of windscreen wiper stalk, pressed it and Hey Presto it worked from there. Does that mean I have a different model than yours?

I had to go and check then and my indicator stalk is on the right of the steering wheel and indeed it does reset the mpg display, so yes you must have a different model. Long as it is sorted thats the main thing.
--------------------------------------------------------------

2012 Iron Grey XTR 110 with lots of bits and bobs.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Trevor for this post:
  • curly_bap
Thank you Trevor.
    I have the 2015 90bhp XLR automatic. Mostly local journeys I was getting 55.3 mpg and thought I couldn’t get any better until I zeroed the clock for a 245 mile motorway drive and got a phenomenal 64.1mpg average speed 50mph.
2015 Citroen Berlingo Multispace 1.6 e-HDI 90 XTR ETG6 Auto
(29-11-2022, 02:35 PM)artspeck Wrote:  I have the 2015 90bhp XLR automatic. Mostly local journeys I was getting 55.3 mpg and thought I couldn’t get any better until I zeroed the clock for a 245 mile motorway drive and got a phenomenal 64.1mpg average speed 50mph.

64mp is pretty good!
The lower the speed the better the fuel economy. The more speed restrictions there are (not that I am fond of them), the better the fuel economy. Air resistance is ~square of the speed, so a little bit of speed over certain speed does not relate to a little bit more fuel consumed, but more than that.
smile, you are alive! Peugeot Partner Escapade (same as M59, but with offroady-ish look) 2007, 1.6HDi 92
https://www.youtube.com/c/moremolecules
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to saskak for this post:
  • artspeck