Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking someone with Lexia
Hi I’m new here. 

Have an ongoing “engine fault” problem with my berlingo, coupled with limp mode. I’m hoping there is someone fairly near to me who could plug it in and help diagnose what is up with it. 

I’m in Leicester but can travel if needs be. 

Cheers!
Hi there welcome to the forum you could try this Garage Mark Lightfoot in Ilkeston hes not to far from you https://www.marklightfoot.co.uk/ .He is on the forum from time to time.
If not perhaps others may know of someone closer or try the french car forum they have a list of people who have Lexia Diagnostic systems.
Are we there yet????? Huh
Ex 1.6hdi van now 3 seater 1.4 multispace
(05-06-2020, 10:35 AM)Thatchippysteve Wrote:  Hi I’m new here. 

Have an ongoing “engine fault” problem with my berlingo, coupled with limp mode. I’m hoping there is someone fairly near to me who could plug it in and help diagnose what is up with it. 

I’m in Leicester but can travel if needs be. 

Cheers!

Before you start with serious diagnostics try disconnecting the 3 ECU plugs and make sure they are clean. I had a similar spate of "faults", including engine fault, anti pollution fault, and the temperature gauge shooting up to HOT in 2 seconds, despite the temperature being normal. Tried lots of solutions but none worked. Removed the 3 plugs, made sure they were clean, with a paintbrush in the plugs and the sockets. A light spray of Electrolube (or any switch lubricant) and the problem has not returned after 6 months. Worth a try?
Are they the ones at the front of the fuse box? Will give it a try.

Forgot to mention it’s been on my mates snap on code reader and it wouldn’t communicate, can’t read anything. On board dash diagnostics says no faults, yet the warning light is on ?
(05-06-2020, 03:04 PM)Thatchippysteve Wrote:  Are they the ones at the front of the fuse box? Will give it a try.

Forgot to mention it’s been on my mates snap on code reader and it wouldn’t communicate, can’t read anything. On board dash diagnostics says no faults, yet the warning light is on ?

On the nearside (passenger side). Without looking I thought they were between the fusebox and the windscreen. There are 3 plugs with fairly thick cables. The plugs are held in by a locking mechanism but easy to wiggle apart. Each plug has around 25 pins, hence you need to be gentle when cleaning. Mine looked clean but were in fact dusty. Don't use WD40 silicone or anything like that. Make sure you use a switch lubricant as it's specifically made for electrical contacts . You can get it from Toolstation 93449 at £6.99 and Screwfix 92716 same price. I used Electrolube from Farnell (CPC Preston) 279481, just over £7. It's also good for spraying noisy volume controls too.

My wife's Fiat Panda had the dreaded warning light come on recently. No fault code. Turned out it needed an oil change as the filter was partially blocked. Cars try to be helpful but frequently get it wrong!  

If this doesn't work you have not lost a fortune and it won't do any harm.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to mikeB for this post:
  • saskak, Thatchippysteve
The ECU is in front of the fusebox between it and the slam panel if you like, slips down the front like a book but has a retaining bar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-f5yYpCl5A
Previous:
2017 B9 1.6 BlueHDi Van
2012 B9 1.6 HDi Van
2008 M59 1.6 HDi Van
2003 M59 1.9D Van
(06-06-2020, 09:54 AM)Zion Wrote:  The ECU is in front of the fusebox between it and the slam panel if you like, slips down the front like a book but has a retaining bar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-f5yYpCl5A

Yes, I see the difference now. Your van is a B9 whereas my car is M59, the previous Berlingo version. They look completely different but in fact the plug and socket arrangements are similar.

I would make sure the plugs are clean and making good contact before spending lots of time and money on diagnosing a problem which might just be one of wrong reporting.

Good luck with it anyway.
Good shout Mike.
Previous:
2017 B9 1.6 BlueHDi Van
2012 B9 1.6 HDi Van
2008 M59 1.6 HDi Van
2003 M59 1.9D Van