Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.17 Average
Siemens ECU remap?
Anyone on here had a siemens ECU remapped? Want mine doing but none of the guys I know who map HDi's will do the van due to the Siemens ECU. RS Tuning have quoted £345+vat which I think deem bloody expensive! If I cant get it mapped would a tuning box work? Heard horror stories about them before..

Cheers guys, Pete
'04 Peugeot Partner HDi LX. Lows, Leaks and Wellers. Now matt grey and dent free Smile

Mine was done as an introductory at £200 inc, as hey were just starting out. Having said that it wasn't as good as I would expect from RS - they get a good press. They weren't doing Siemens when I had mine done.
(10-11-2012, 07:07 PM)Coco Wrote:  Mine was done as an introductory at £200 inc, as hey were just starting out. Having said that it wasn't as good as I would expect from RS - they get a good press. They weren't doing Siemens when I had mine done.

I was speaking to a chap from Mocomm racing in Braintree about this the other day - I was trying to buy something non-Citroen related off him but I noticed they do diesel remapping.

I asked him about a Siemens Berlingo - yes, he can do it, it'll be £299 all inclusive. I asked him about custom maps. He advised me that most places offering a "custom" map are talking nonsense. Nearly all of them buy the maps in from one or two places and just apply them to your ECU. He reckons the Siemens is no harder to do than the Bosch.

Interesting info I thought - I can see how it would be true, as most of the maps offer pretty much exactly the same gains even though they are from different tuners..
Holy thread bump batman!

Ended up using a TDI tuning box, Still hankering for a remap though TBH If can get it done at a reasonable price.
'04 Peugeot Partner HDi LX. Lows, Leaks and Wellers. Now matt grey and dent free Smile

(24-06-2013, 09:57 PM)PeteA Wrote:  Holy thread bump batman!

Ended up using a TDI tuning box, Still hankering for a remap though TBH If can get it done at a reasonable price.

Best I can find is £299 all in, inc vat, at Mocomm racing but it is in Gestinghthorpe north of Braintree. If you're interested, you can always contact Zak there, he'll be happy to help.

I'm buying a Subaru off them,after it originally fell through, but I asked about a remap for my Berlingo while I was talking about the Subaru..
I had mine done at lion garage in Leicester, sure it was £175 inc VAT, both of my vans have been done there