Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Filters & Oil] Oil
Hi everyone. I was wondering whether I could use 10w40 oil in my 2009 1.6hdi as I have a bottle lieing around
Hi, and welcome to the forum.

The normal spec is 0w30 or 5w30 fully synthetic (0w30 for very cold countries) so 10w40 is really in the wrong viscosity range.

The turbo is fussy about oil condition, cleanliness, and regular replacement - also the oil should be low SAPS for the DPF to prevent clogging. Hope this helps.

https://catalogue.total.co.uk/en-gb/prod...-ECS-5W-30
Previous:
2017 B9 1.6 BlueHDi Van
2012 B9 1.6 HDi Van
2008 M59 1.6 HDi Van
2003 M59 1.9D Van
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Sol for this post:
  • Jimbob1
If your engine has a DPF, there are threads on here about how to be sure, then you need to use the correct oil, plenty of threads on that too. If you don't have a DPF & have high mileage, there is some thought that you can use a higher viscosity fully synth oil.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to cancunia for this post:
  • Jimbob1
While it maybe cheap lying around but could be very expensive IF the engine get damaged IMHO.
Oils these days are very sophisticated, not just slippy stuff from years ago.
I'm a real tight arse but would not skimp on oil.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to hawkeyefxr for this post:
  • Jimbob1
(21-10-2020, 09:35 AM)hawkeyefxr Wrote:  While it maybe cheap lying around but could be very expensive IF the engine gets damaged IMHO.
Oils these days are very sophisticated, not just slippy stuff from years ago.
I'm a real tight arse but would not skimp on oil.

.tb_button {padding:1px;cursor:pointer;border-right: 1px solid #8b8b8b;border-left: 1px solid #FFF;border-bottom: 1px solid #fff;}.tb_button.hover {border:2px outset #def; background-color: #f8f8f8 !important;}.ws_toolbar {z-index:100000} .ws_toolbar .ws_tb_btn {cursor:pointer;border:1px solid #555;padding:3px} .tb_highlight{background-color:yellow} .tb_hide {visibility:hidden} .ws_toolbar img {padding:2px;margin:0px}
As you can see there is a lot of HTML after my post, this has happened before as some of you know. I have found the cause (i edited the post) but don't know how to stop it.
I see what may be causing this to appear for you - have sent a PM for more info. There is an HTML spelling mistake in that code that is weird:

{borer:2px outset #def; background-color: #f8f8f8 !important;}

"borer:2px" instead of "border:2px" - so that possibly points to an edit having been made to the site HTML by someone with access to the site coding and a spelling mistake being un-noticed by them. I think it must be in the inline "reply" button code for an individual post. But, odd how it only happens to one user.

@Mike can you have a look into this please? We can delete these posts from the thread once we figure out what's causing it.
Previous:
2017 B9 1.6 BlueHDi Van
2012 B9 1.6 HDi Van
2008 M59 1.6 HDi Van
2003 M59 1.9D Van
(21-10-2020, 09:59 AM)Zion Wrote:  I see what may be causing this to appear for you - have sent a PM for more info. There is an HTML spelling mistake in that code that is weird:

{borer:2px outset #def; background-color: #f8f8f8 !important;}

"borer:2px" instead of "border:2px" - so that possibly points to an edit having been made to the site HTML by someone with access to the site coding and a spelling mistake being un-noticed by them. I think it must be in the inline "reply" button code for an individual post. But, odd how it only happens to one user.

@Mike can you have a look into this please? We can delete these posts from the thread once we figure out what's causing it.

.tb_button {padding:1px;cursor:pointer;border-right: 1px solid #8b8b8b;border-left: 1px solid #FFF;border-bottom: 1px solid #fff;}.tb_button.hover {borer:2px outset #def; background-color: #f8f8f8 !important;}.ws_toolbar {z-index:100000} .ws_toolbar .ws_tb_btn {cursor:pointer;border:1px solid #555;padding:3px} .tb_highlight{background-color:yellow} .tb_hide {visibility:hidden} .ws_toolbar img {padding:2px;margin:0px}
Tongue 
Glad of that though i have no idea what your talking about  Big Grin Big Grin

.tb_button {padding:1px;cursor:pointer;border-right: 1px solid #8b8b8b;border-left: 1px solid #FFF;border-bottom: 1px solid #fff;}.tb_button.hover {borer:2px outset #def; background-color: #f8f8f8 !important;}.ws_toolbar {z-index:100000} .ws_toolbar .ws_tb_btn {cursor:pointer;border:1px solid #555;padding:3px} .tb_highlight{background-color:yellow} .tb_hide {visibility:hidden} .ws_toolbar img {padding:2px;margin:0px}
@hawkeyefxr is this caused by editing? If so do you have 2 different edit buttons and does it only happen for one?
Now an ex Berlingo owner, I have a C4
2010 (B9) Berlingo Multispace XTR HDi 112 - Kyanos Blue
Previously - 2002 (M49) Berlingo Multispace 2.0 HDi Diesel - Arctic Steel