Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best leisure battery set up for 2012 berlingo 1.6 diesel
Hi
I’m hoping someone can help! 
I have read a number of posts but still cannot find answers to the below specific questions:

2012 berlingo multi space 1.6 diesel 

What is the best set up to fit a leisure battery? Have you had Any good experiences or examples?
Or websites to check

How / where can the live cable from the car battery go through the engine firewall ? 

I think this engine is Euro 5 emissions, can a split charge kit be fitted ? ( and work correctly) or does it need a battery to battery kit ( dc to dc)

Thanks
I used a setup with a Leisure Battery,Charge Controller etc, however I will be changing to a Poweroak which is a much simpler setup.My advice would be to check this out before getting into, wiring etc, it would probably work out the same financially.
With my 2013 multispace I fitted a VSR and a 95ah leisure battery and the split charging worked fine. No smart alternator in mine.

I was lucky that I had suitable wiring from starter battery to 12v winch in the back already routed as it used to be a wheelchair adapted vehicle so it just wired straight in.
(17-03-2021, 12:51 PM)ptolemy Wrote:  I used a setup with a Leisure Battery,Charge Controller etc, however I will be changing to a Poweroak which is a much simpler setup.My advice would be to check this out before getting into,  wiring etc, it would probably work out the same financially.

Thanks for your response, I would be interested in your new power oak set up and how long you would expect the power pack to stay live during normal use ? Ie how many hours you would expect to get from just running led lights and charging phones 
Thanks
If your only running LED Lights and charging phones then you don't really need anything more than a couple of 20000mah powerbanks which can themselves be recharged via the 12v socket whilst you driving
(17-03-2021, 04:36 PM)Daveyboy Wrote:  If your only running LED Lights and charging phones then you don't really need anything more than a couple of 20000mah powerbanks which can themselves be recharged via the 12v socket whilst you driving

Yes, for just a few days away Power Banks are brill. I would take the 'Poweroak' on longer trips,. it's always worth a search to see if it suits your needs.
Thanks for the information and support, I will have a look at what’s available
(18-03-2021, 01:01 AM)ptolemy Wrote:  
(17-03-2021, 04:36 PM)Daveyboy Wrote:  If your only running LED Lights and charging phones then you don't really need anything more than a couple of 20000mah powerbanks which can themselves be recharged via the 12v socket whilst you driving

Yes, for just a few days away Power Banks are brill. I would take the 'Poweroak' on longer trips,. it's always worth a search to see if it suits your needs.

Thanks for the suggestions, 

After having a good look and think about actual requirements the decision was to buy a power pack, Jackery 240 explorer. The kit has arrived and it looks very good, fingers crossed.

Thanks again
(17-03-2021, 12:56 PM)dxcamper Wrote:  With my 2013 multispace I fitted a VSR and a 95ah leisure battery and the split charging worked fine. No smart alternator in mine.

I was lucky that I had suitable wiring from starter battery to 12v winch in the back already routed as it used to be a wheelchair adapted vehicle so it just wired straight in.

@dxcamper, how did you adapt the wiring from the winch to serve the leisure battery instead?  Do you have any photos?  
I also have a WAV with a winch, a Peugeot Partner Tepee 2016 Allied WAV Conversion.
I may need the winch in future so It’d be helpful if I could run winch and leisure battery side by side,
but failing that just the leisure battery would be fine for now.  
I must admit I don’t really understand the electrics, and have no idea which bits are original wires and which are part of the WAV conversion.  
My winch control is on the rear side panel on the passenger side, and there is a ‘winch reset’ switch, which serves no purpose I can detect.  But the winch does work.
Thanks !