Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spare 12v supply in fuse box.
I'm finally fitting the Kenwood DAB adaptor into the car, that I've been putting off due to rubbish weather.

The only thing I'm having trouble getting my head around is sourcing a power supply for the adapter

I want to to use a switched supply, preferably from inside the fuse box inside the glove box.

Does anyone know if there is a spare supply in that box able to be used, or if I can use a piggyback fuse from one of the existing fuses, without causing the canbus to throw a fit?

Thank you
Hi Harry, all supplies in that fusebox (which is actually the BSI) are shut down after 20 mins as the vehicle enters eco mode. The only system that's always active is the central locking.

Edit - think realised what you mean...
If you only want an ignition-on feed, then use the one for the cig lighter, it's 10A and comes on with the keys.
Previous:
2017 B9 1.6 BlueHDi Van
2012 B9 1.6 HDi Van
2008 M59 1.6 HDi Van
2003 M59 1.9D Van
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Sol for this post:
  • Harrythephot
(21-03-2021, 09:55 PM)Zion Wrote:  Hi Harry, all supplies in that fusebox (which is actually the BSI) are shut down after 20 mins as the vehicle enters eco mode. The only system that's always active is the central locking.

If you only want an ignition-on feed, then use the one for the cig lighter, it's 10A and comes on with the keys.
Hi Zion, bit off topic here but as you say the only system that stays active is the central locking. My problem is that when my van goes in to eco mode so does the central locking. Any idea why it would do that ?,
Done the bsi reset and checked everything I could but it still happening.
Tks.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk
Huh 2012 (62) B9 Berlingo 1.6 Hdi (75hp) 
That is weird...so after 20 mins you can't unlock the car? Using the remote or also with the button inside?

Have you tried both functions, as the dash button goes to the BSI but the remote fob has to go through the Com2k board under the steering wheel first, as it has the antenna on it.
Previous:
2017 B9 1.6 BlueHDi Van
2012 B9 1.6 HDi Van
2008 M59 1.6 HDi Van
2003 M59 1.9D Van
Did you fit a aftermarket stereo? If so, did you use a wiringadapter? The ISO wiring isnt standard sadly and plugging in a stereo without an adapter can cause the BSI to go haywire in the most interesting ways.

I would also use the cig lighters wiring, but as a alternative there is a live feed comming from the stereo as well
2007 Peugeot Partner Zenith RIP Sad
2010 Seat Ibiza ST 
(21-03-2021, 09:55 PM)Zion Wrote:  Hi Harry, all supplies in that fusebox (which is actually the BSI) are shut down after 20 mins as the vehicle enters eco mode. The only system that's always active is the central locking.

Sorry for digging up an old thread but I hard wired a dash cam into my Berlingo today and found the electrics setup a bit odd. I’d found a fuse layout diagram for the fusebox behind the glovebox and wired the dashcam into the fuse for the 12v sockets. The part I found unusual is that the fuses were all live even with the ignition off - even though the 12 volt sockets are not live until the ignition is switched on Huh  I didn’t want the dashcam to be permanently on so ended up removing the 12 volt socket from the dash and breaking in to the positive wire there.