Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.9 Average
1.6 HDI dipstick tube
I went out to check the oil level on my van this morning and found the dipstick tube was flapping around the engine bay. It looks like the retaining bracket has snapped. I've managed to make a temporary repair using a couple of cable ties but obviously it will need replacing in the long term.

In 20 odd years of owning vehicles I've never changed a dipstick tube before, it looks a simple task but sometimes what appears to be a simple job is far from it. Is there anything I should be aware of?
Anyone?
No idea on Berlingo but did change one on a ? Sometime ago. The tube had a flange on part way down where it went into the block. It was fixed there with a bolt and if I remember right an o ring to seal it. Was just a question of wiggling out after unbolting. Hope this is of some help.
Thanks, I thought it would probably just wiggle out. It obviously must be a pretty tight fit, I don't know when the retaining bracket broke so it could have been happily flapping about in the engine bay for a few weeks. I just need to brace myself now and see how much the local Citroen dealer will want to deprive me of for a replacement!
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to stuartinlancashire for this post:
  • RolyG
(29-05-2013, 05:37 PM)stuartinlancashire Wrote:  Thanks, I thought it would probably just wiggle out.  It obviously must be a pretty tight fit, I don't know when the retaining bracket broke so it could have been happily flapping about in the engine bay for a few weeks.  I just need to brace myself now and see how much the local Citroen dealer will want to deprive me of for a replacement!

Hi, I am new to this forum, but here goes! Just wonder how you got on with the tube replacement (mine has snapped off!!), and what sort of time did it take to do and any tips please!! Smile