Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 2.82 Average
Having a mad moment, thinking of chopping in my Jag......
Well I've just put it in the trader for £6695 Sad

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/a...?logcode=p
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.
I still regret letting my old XJ6 go! Sad Get yourself a proper Jag instead (straight 6, or even better, V12). None of this tarted-up mondeo stuff. :hehe:Tongue I suppose yours has the right number of cylinders, just in the wrong shape.

The XJ was almost as practical as the Berlingo. It'd fit 3 proper child seats across the back. Nice big boot. A bit faster & better handling than the Berlingo too. It'd waft itself to license endangering speed with no effort. Dread to think what the XJR could do! But it was just getting too expensive to keep on the road, and not just because of the petrol - tyres were horrendous because the required size was only needed for the XJ40 and the old BMW 535 and the jags have a reputation for eating the insides of front tyres because of the suspension loads. I'd had to replace the rear shocks and power steering hoses (That was fun when I lost power assistance on a trip over the A65 to Skipton). There was bound to be more going wrong.
The Bus II: 2019 XL Flair 1.2
If it was me I would keep it, I have a high performance car that I drive on the weekends and sometimes on track and even though I love my Berlingo, it just doesn't give me the wow factor!
http://www.superiorvaleting.net
"from mild to wild"
(15-05-2011, 11:21 AM)steve valentine Wrote:  ....For a berlingo multispace!

As most of you know I have a MK1 van, my other car is a Jaguar X type in beautifull metallic black.

Unfortunatly it attracts the green eyed monster rather a lot, I've had people deliberately ding my door with theirs, the bin man has thrown the recycling bin towards the car, luckily ( for him ) it missed by around an inch, drivers pull out on me, well, you get the idea.

So anywhoo, just been looking on the trader at a multispace, you can get a lot of motor for 6k, cheaper tax, insanely better fuel economy.

Please talk me out of it, I love my Jag, I think :S

Talk you out of it? You might have to go to the Jag forum(if they have one) for that sort of nonsense.My brother has a 2.OD X type estate,same year as my 1.6 HDI (57) & I love drumming in my better MPG & that the Berlingo was £12,000 cheaper.Still want to keep your Jag?
(15-05-2011, 03:35 PM)steve valentine Wrote:  It's only a baby, 2.5V6 194BHP AWD zero to sixty in a little under 8 seconds, standing starts are a breeze, stamp the gas and drop the clutch, off she goes, the AWD just grips and send you on your way like a rocket, you've all on getting the wheels to spin even when the roads are soaked, cruising at 70mph you can hear a pin drop and the seats are oh so comfy. It's too easy to drive fast though.

Downside? £255 a year road tax, group 15 insurance, 19mpg around town (IF you drive carefully) and 33 on a run at 70mph. round town a tank of petrol goes in around 180 miles :eek:

I have done 350 on a tankfull, just the once though.

I can sell it, clear the finance and have enough left over to buy a 2003/4 multispace.

When I work out what it will save me;

£120 cheaper on road tax.
£250 cheaper on insurance.
£800 cheaper a year on fuel.
I can do my own servicing and the majority of repairs.

Just finding it hard to let it go Sad

1.6 HDI 650 miles per tank at least (I am too cowardly to run it too low,had fuel light on once in 22,000 miles).I did Ashford in Kent to Chemnitz on 1 tank.It took 53 litres to fill (610 miles)
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
(16-05-2011, 08:32 PM)RB WRX Wrote:  If it was me I would keep it, I have a high performance car that I drive on the weekends and sometimes on track and even though I love my Berlingo, it just doesn't give me the wow factor!

I need my van for work, can't afford to keep 3 cars!

Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.
(16-05-2011, 08:54 PM)steve valentine Wrote:  
(16-05-2011, 08:32 PM)RB WRX Wrote:  If it was me I would keep it, I have a high performance car that I drive on the weekends and sometimes on track and even though I love my Berlingo, it just doesn't give me the wow factor!

Well,steve,if you want performance,you gotta pay for it.
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
I agree lads the berlingo is so multifunctional but it doesnt have the wow factor......as much as I modify it its still an old mans car...and I have tried hard to adapt it. If I could lower it I would but my half mile farm track wont allow. So mt Honda shadow 750 cruiser gives me my wow factor, If youve seen the film Old Hogs [ if not see it especially if your over 50] thats me....ha ha
Sadly th e1.6 diesel doesnt sound "cool" it just rattles like all diesels.....but then hey lets not forget Its so functional, you cannot get 4 railway sleepers, 12 3x2 slabs, 3 fridges, or even sleep in a "sporty", "racy" "flashy" type car can you. Its all a compromise......
Pete
2010 artic silver VTR with EXTRAS.......Confusedunny:
(16-05-2011, 08:54 PM)steve valentine Wrote:  

I know what you mean Steve, but after an awesome drive over the cotswolds on Saturday night, I will keep mine for a little longer it gave me such a buzz I couldn't sleep , I will keep my fingers crossed for you and hope you don't miss it too much.
Good luck with your new car!

http://www.superiorvaleting.net
"from mild to wild"