Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 3.15 Average
Diesel Fuel Leak - Pump?
Just briefly, edit out your VIN - it can be used to cut keys and obtain the ECU unlocking code.

It's a Lucas pump, there's not a lot of detail beyond that in the diagrams. Citroën themselves don't do internal parts but I would suspect the shaft seals and bushes are easy enough to get from third parties; maybe try "dieselbob".
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to addo for this post:
  • leeandoona
Hi, I had the same problem on mine which I cured by replacing the "o" rings. These were from a kit which I had in the garage.
Have a look at these pics. Be careful when removing the top of the pump as you don't want any dirt etc. entering. This is an old pump I had kicking around.
There should be a metal plate with the pump type/number on it, think it's on the main body towards the front. Confusedalut:

2006 2.0hdi 600 with bench seat.  Cool
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to Rustscrat for this post:
  • addo, geoff, leeandoona, trader97
(22-03-2013, 12:31 PM)addo Wrote:  Ron was right (not surprising, given his background)! If you can positively identify the pump version by looking it up against your VIN, then surf the internet for peoples' stories of how they've tackled it. A few pictures thus gleaned will help confidence levels.

Thanks for that.Chq in post.:thumbsup::whistle:

To obtain parts,try a Delphi dealer.If they don't have them,they should be able to point you in the direction of someone who does.
Diesel car mag has ads for agents & repairers.
I don't know if Lucas still have service centres but it's worth checking.
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
Everyone, thank you all so very much. This would have been the end of my much loved Berlingo had you all not had helped. I checked in the Haynes guide and discovered it appears to be a Lucas pump and reasonably early. The pics from Rustscrat above confirm this also which was hugely helpful plus of Course Ron for advising the seal/o-ring could be replaced and for giving me some direction on where to get the part. Until these updates, I was left looking at either getting a new pump (silly money at garage), a breaker's yard found me one for £40 but of course no guarantees and a local Garage had offered to look it over F.O.C with a view to seeing if it was the "4 bolt" pump that could have it's lid taken off (like the pics from Rustscrat shows). I'm hopeful that I can track down the repair kit I need now and fix this myself. I will of course update everyone on how I get on.

Just a quick update. eBay does have it's uses...looks like i can solve this for some time with my spanners and £12!!!! (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LUCAS-CAV-DPC-...257bfd6bb9)

Looks like the right thing. Still seems a lot for two bits of rubber but a lot better than the £350 I was quoted by the garage..thieving so and so's. (and they wonder why people don't trust garages!!!).
If it ain't broke...don't!:thumbsup:
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to leeandoona for this post:
  • Rustscrat, trader97
Regarding the seals at least they are supplying Viton which is the correct material for the job.
2007 M59 1.6 HDi 

Serieal Berlingo owner  Heart Heart Heart
:censored::brickwall::censored::brickwall:

AARRGGHHHH!!!! Okay, I blew it. I replaced the seals, easy peasy lemon squeezy even for a fool like measy. Then...On re-assembly, the bolt on top of the throttle spline (which the seals go onto) just sheared off. I wasn't even turning it that hard. So now I need a new Spindle I suppose.

Can anyone tell me if these are easy to replace before I try and hunt one down from somewhere?

Also, I tried to bodge it by drilling a pilot hole into the snapped off neck of the spindle with a view to screwing in a self tapping screw to hold the washer in place. This worked but on starting the van, it was revving at full trottle...quickly turned it off of course. I assume this is because the bolt that sheered off is integral to turning the spindle to control the throttle and I guess it's stuck in the full throttle position so I can't move it anywhere until I've replaced it now. Good and proper :censored:
If it ain't broke...don't!:thumbsup: