Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuel filler safety locking sliding door
Hello all

Yesterday my son opened the fuel filler flap on my 60 plate berlingo xtr whilst sliding door was opening.

Door failed to open - I'm guessing due to safety mechanism, but when he pushed flap closed the door still didn't open and still wont - only just a tiny bit so can be pushed shut. Normally stiff filler flap now feels like a spring has gone and can't see or find any release catches or work out how mechanism works. 
Anyone had any similar probs or knows how to fix??

DB
You may have just answered a query of mine, on the passenger sliding door threes a locking type mechanism that does not feature on the drivers side and I was wondering what it was. Perhaps that's what used with this.

Is there any way you can give the door a good rattling to shake any stuck locks loose?
16 Plate Berlingo Multispace XTR
(30-08-2015, 10:55 AM)Dominic Barnes Wrote:  Hello all

Yesterday my son opened the fuel filler flap on my 60 plate berlingo xtr whilst sliding door was opening.

Door failed to open - I'm guessing due to safety mechanism, but when he pushed flap closed the door still didn't open and still wont - only just a tiny bit so can be pushed shut. Normally stiff filler flap now feels like a spring has gone and can't see or find any release catches or work out how mechanism works. 

DB

This is bit that stops to side door opening. I think it pivots out at the bottom to hold the door shut. It is possible that trying to open the fuel flap with the door open has bent it??

--------------------------------------------------------------

2012 Iron Grey XTR 110 with lots of bits and bobs.
(30-08-2015, 06:03 PM)Trevor, did you sort it out? if so how? i have the same problem and am looking for a solution , thanks, Paul Wrote:  
(30-08-2015, 10:55 AM)Dominic Barnes Wrote:  Hello all

DB

This is bit that stops to side door opening. I think it pivots out at the bottom to hold the door shut. It is possible that trying to open the fuel flap with the door open has bent it??