Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Securing a bootjump safely
Hello

We have a homemade boot jump for our 2007 Berlingo but it does shift in the back when driving.  This makes it hard to pull out the drawers and generally makes it  more awkward to use, also it is a safety hazard!

Anyhow, I know the Amdro has some "Clamps" two grey rubber discs which expand to fit between the bootjump and the cars internal chassis.

Can you buy these?  what else are other people using?  I don't want to drill holes in the bootjump to attach it to the lash points

Thank so much experts! Big Grin
(01-09-2018, 04:35 PM)Khawkins Wrote:  Hello

We have a homemade boot jump for our 2007 Berlingo but it does shift in the back when driving.  This makes it hard to pull out the drawers and generally makes it  more awkward to use, also it is a safety hazard!

Anyhow, I know the Amdro has some "Clamps" two grey rubber discs which expand to fit between the bootjump and the cars internal chassis.

Can you buy these?  what else are other people using?  I don't want to drill holes in the bootjump to attach it to the lash points

(01-09-2018, 04:35 PM)Khawkins Wrote:  Hello

You could try contacting http://www.amdro.co.uk/ in Wales. He might be able to sell you something that you could adapt to fit yours. I bought a Boot Jump from him, which came with two small ply spacers, incorporating an expanding winding screw system, to secure Boot Jump to vehicle sides. Good luck.
I made mine for my B9, which has a different shape in the cargo area than your M59. I purposely made it to wedge into the side panels once it was installed, so I have no problems with it shifting.

The most secure way of anchoring a boot jump has to be by using the cargo tie-down points, so I'm wondering why - as you're obviously safety conscious - you have decided not to do this.

Is it possible to anchor it forward by making brackets to clamp onto the rear seat anchor points?
Gravity