Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fitting a revering camera
2013 model
I am in the process of fitting a reversing camera. I want to mount the camera under the black bar that goes across the rear door. Can this 'bar' (not sure of its real name) be removed. I have a trim removal kit coming as i know i will have to get inside the door to run the wired up into the body of the car to get to the reversing wires.
        I found a blanking plate on my 2016 Multi. If you open the tailgate on the multi you will see it if fitted
Mu camera is not that small but it will fit roughly where yours is.
I have also decided to fit a 12LED that comes on when in reverse though that is not a big job.
(21-03-2021, 02:54 PM)hawkeyefxr Wrote:  Mu camera is not that small but it will fit roughly where yours is.
I have also decided to fit a 12LED that comes on when in reverse though that is not a big job.
My setup is a front and rear cam to the mirror.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(21-03-2021, 03:28 PM)Brixmis7 Wrote:  
(21-03-2021, 02:54 PM)hawkeyefxr Wrote:  Mu camera is not that small but it will fit roughly where yours is.
My setup is a front and rear cam to the mirror.

I already have loads of wires running around the top of the screen  for the radio so didn't want to cram anymore up there.
(21-03-2021, 11:20 AM)hawkeyefxr Wrote:  2013 model
I am in the process of fitting a reversing camera. I want to mount the camera under the black bar that goes across the rear door. Can this 'bar' (not sure of its real name) be removed. I have a trim removal kit coming as i know i will have to get inside the door to run the wired up into the body of the car to get to the reversing wires.

In reply to your original question, yes the whole black bar does come off. It is attached from the inside by about 4 nuts [might be six] I had to get mine off a few years back as one of the rear number plate light assemblies needed replacement. As you realise you need to take the trim off the rear tailgate. Be prepared for a number of the plastic studs that hold the rear trim in place to break and need replacing as the plastic goes brittle and you'll be very lucky to get the trim off without some of these breaking.
All in and working now.

If anyone goes this route when you remove the big rubber bendy grommet at the top of the rear door, when you get the grommet out it leaves a white nylon behind.
When you start to put the grommet out pull the nylon out of the hole and fit it to the rubber grommet, it all then just pushes back into the oval hole.
If you try to put the grommet back without doing this you will be there till the cows come home, or longer.
Tanks for all the the answers.